Saturday 11 July 2009

False hope? I hope not


If something sounds too good to be true, it often is and I think this story from the Mirror may well be a classic example of this precise phenomenon. The story appears to be based on no concrete evidence at all, there isn't even a quote from a friend close to the player or even a liar in the newsroom. Mikel Silvestre to Bordeaux? God I would be so so happy, almost as happy as on the day that the mighty Cygan departed for Spain for several million pounds, in fact I remember that day well, I couldn't quite believe that someone was willing to pay money for Pascal Cygan, God what fond memories, it's funny how selling a turkey can be such a satisfying moment for supporters.
Unfortunately I doubt that Bordeaux are interested in a player who has the pace of overweight middle aged business man after fourteen gin and tonics combined with the defensive ability of a young Gus Caesar. Obviously Mikel isn't quite that bad, I'm being more than a tad harsh, but he clearly is not the player he used to be, if Bordeaux had some scouts with eyes then they would steer well well clear of this floundering Frenchman.

This story also made me laugh, Pascal Cygan is out of contract and apparently waiting for Arsene's call! Pascal was not the world's greatest defender by any means, but he did try hard and he clearly does have a bit of a sense of humour, nice one Pascal. On a serious note there are rumours in France about Song interesting Man City, I would like to say that there is no way that Arsene would consider letting our best and only defensive midfielder leaving just before the start of the season, these stories are just baseless speculation in much the same way that the Mirror's story about Silvestre interesting Bordeaux is.

No comments: